Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the “Shoppers' Advantage” Program?
By purchasing debit cards and paper certificates in bulk quantities, Shomrei Torah is able to sell the same cards and certificates that you would normally use for shopping at over 50 major retailers (e.g. Bloomingdale's, Amazon.com, Blockbuster, Macy’s, etc.), including grocery stores (ShopRite, Stop & Stop and A&P). Shomrei Torah receives a percentage of the purchase price — at no additional cost to you! The list of retailers follows below.
2. Will I still be able to stop by the Office and purchase certificates and debit cards for Shop Rite for Stop & Shop and A&P?
3. How do I use the debit cards and paper certificates?
Same as cash.
4. How do I place an order?
Placing an order is easy: Simply view the list of vendors we have below. Contact the office or come down to the synagogue on any Sunday when Sisterhood will be selling the cards.
5. Once I place an order, how long will it take for it to be delivered?
Typically within one week from the order deadline.
6. Is there a minimum purchase requirement?
7. Will the debit cards and paper certificates ever expire?
Expiration dates vary by store, however time frames are liberal. Read your card(s) and certificate(s) carefully upon receipt. We can also obtain the expiration information from our vendor upon request.
8. Are there any geographical restrictions on where I can use these cards or certificates?
No, so that means you can use this program even for out-of-town friends and family.
9. What retailers can I buy cards and certificates for?
Click here for the retailer list.
For more information, please contact us.